Read the full HP Envy 7640 Printer review. HP has created a solid, reliable wireless printer with this one.
With today’s advancement in technology, it is actually not unusual to see devices become smaller, more compact, now able to perform more tasks, and some even have become wireless! And one of the machines that have grown so much are printers. Thanks to all-in-one printers or multifunction printers, there are printers available that can now do things aside from print as they can scan, copy and even send and receive fax messages. Additionally, more printers have become more convenient and are not anymore reliant to wires, thanks to wireless printers.
Most modern printers now have wireless connectivity support so anyone can just print out whenever they want even while they’re on their smartphones, tablets, or laptops.
Wireless Printers Advantages and Disadvantages
While we are mostly accustomed to printers connected through USB cables or Ethernet cables, technology has become more advanced that some printers are now able to connect wirelessly. Before deciding to buy a wireless printer, let’s first discuss its advantages and disadvantages.
First and foremost, the main reason why so many would prefer a wireless printer is because you won’t ever be hassled with the many cables. What you need is just a power cable and there is even no need to go through installation. The printer can also placed anywhere as long as it is within the range of the wireless network. It can even be used by more than one user which makes it the ideal fit for businesses and offices. Lastly, the convenience of being able to print out from your handheld device such as smartphone or tablet, making it possible to print while you’re on the move.
Still, there are some things you need to consider when you get a wireless printer. Since the wireless printer cannot function without an access point, you will first need to have a wireless router. However, most homes these days have wireless networks so this is not entirely a major disadvantage. Next, if your wireless printer is not placed in the right position, there might be a possible interference.
In large offices or buildings, the range of the wireless network being limited for the wireless printer can be a problem. However, you will just need to position the wireless printer correctly and many employees or workers will be able to access it. Since it’s wireless, there might be issues with security but all you need to do is have the right security settings and you won’t ever have to worry about it.
Overall, wireless printers give you more freedom to perform your tasks with convenience. Now that we have established the advantages and disadvantages of wireless printers, let’s now review one of the most popular wireless printers available, HP Envy 7640 Printer.
HP Envy 7640 Printer Review
Weight: 16.91 lbs
Dimensions: 17.87 x 16.14 x 7.6 in
Functions: Print, Fax, Scan, Copy, Web, Photo
HP Envy 7640 printer will take your printing to another level with its amazing features including the ability to not only print but also scan, copy and fax. With its wireless printing feature, it will be easier for you to print and share with computers or laptops on an existing wireless network. It also has an HP Mobile Printing feature to easily print from the convenience of your tablet or smartphone.
HP Envy 7640 Printer also assures an easy wireless setup and you can connect printing devices to computers securely through built-in Ethernet ports. Additionally, you can print borderless 4 x 6 inch photos and 8.5 x 11 inches documents. Its automatic document feeder will allow you to scan and copy multiple pages efficiently while its Automatic two-sided printing will save you paper and time.
The HP Envy 7640 Wireless Printer has a colored touchscreen so you can access, store and print with just the tap of your finger. An auto-engaging photo tray will automatically print out 4 x 6 inch photos without the need to switch papers. With its Memory Card Slot, you can now print photos or documents without the use of a PC. The Scan to email feature will allow you to scan a document as an email attachment directly from the printer’s touchscreen.
HP Envy 7640 all-in-one Printer also comes with a fax functionality. It’s also an ENERGY STAR printer so you can be assured that your energy won’t go to waste.
The HP Envy 7640 Printer box includes HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer; HP 62 Setup Black Ink Cartridge (~200 pages); HP 62 Setup Tri-color Ink Cartridge (~120 pages); Software CD; Setup instructions; Power cord; Recycle envelope; Phone cord.
- Copies, maximum: Up to 50 copies
- Fax resolution: Up to 300 x 311 dpi
- Resolution (black): Up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi (when printing from a computer)
- Resolution (color): Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a computer on selected HP photo papers and Print in Max dpi)
- Monthly duty cycle: Up to 1000 pages
- Print speed, black (ISO, laser comparable): Up to 14 ppm
- Print Technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
- Number of print cartridges: 2 (1 black, 1 Tri-color [cyan, magenta, yellow])
- Print speed, color (ISO, laser comparable): Up to 9 ppm
- Network ready: Standard (built-in Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)
- Borderless printing: Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 297 mm)
- Scanner type: Flatbed
- Scan resolution, hardware: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Scan resolution, optical: 1200 dpi
- Copy resolution (black text): 300 x 300 dpi
- Copy resolution (colour text and graphics): 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy reduce / enlarge settings: 25 to 400%
- Print standout photos and documents, plus breeze through tasks and access web content from the touchscreen.
- Easily print from your smartphone, tablet, Internet-connected notebook and more with wired and wireless network connectivity and NFC touch-to-print.
- Quickly copy, scan and fax hands-free with the 25-page automatic document feeder.
- Use up to 50% less paper with automatic two-sided printing.
- Cannot stay connected wirelessly
- Cartridge runs out fast
- Jamming issues
The HP Envy 7640 Printer is a good wireless printer that will allow you to print anywhere, even from your smartphone or tablet. However, there have been reports of it having intermittent wireless connection issues, jamming error issues and cartridges running out fast. Still, this all-in-one printer is able to print, scan and copy with quality which is the major factor we all need to consider.
This all-in-one printer is able to print, scan and copy with quality which is the major factor we all need to consider.